Chemical Computing Group is pleased to announce that the North American UGM & Conference 2018 will take place in Montreal, Canada at Le Saint-Sulpice Hotel, right in the heart of Montreal’s beautiful Old Port district. Our annual scientific meeting is a 4-day event consisting of 2 days of workshops (June 26-27) and 2 days of scientific presentations (June 28-29), as well as plenty of opportunities to socialize during our receptions and conference dinner. Please note that space is limited so early registration is recommended.
- Jerome Baudry, Professor of Biological Sciences, University of Alabama
- Paul Beroza, Senior Scientist, Genentech
- Mike Bower, Senior Research Scientist, Vertex
- Rafael Depetris, Principal Scientist I, Kadmon Pharmaceuticals
- Jérémy Desaphy, Research Scientist, Eli Lilly
- Miklos Feher, Senior Research Scientist, D.E. Shaw Research
- Alex Hird, Associate Director, AstraZeneca
- Viktor Hornak, Senior Investigator I, Novartis
- Christopher MacDermaid, Scientific Investigator, GSK
- Igor Machalkin, Associate Director, EMD Serono
- Lourdes Rueda, Medicinal Chemistry, GSK
- Veerabahu Shanmugasundaram, Director & Head of CAAD, Pfizer
- Sam Shaver, Director, Medicinal Chemistry, Viamet
- Sarah Sirin, Senior Scientist, AbbVie
- Deping Wang, Associate Principal Scientist, Merck
- Li Xing, Senior Director, Computational Chemistry, WuXi AppTec
|TUESDAY, June 26 - Workshops||DAY 1|
Structure Preparation / Side-Chain Rotamer Exploration / Electron Density Maps / Solvent Analysis with 3D-RISM
Structure preparation / Non-natural amino acids / Conformational searching / Distance restraints / Peptide-protein docking / Protein-ligand interaction fingerprints
MOE project / database management / specialized protein families / project search
Molecular Surfaces and Maps / Ligand Interactions / Conformational Searching / Ligand Optimization / Ligand Selectivity / Protein Alignments and Superposition
MOE databases / Calculated Descriptors / Fingerprints / QSAR Modeling / Binary QSAR / Similarity Searching / Consensus Modeling
|WEDNESDAY, June 27 - Workshops||DAY 2|
Pharmacophore Modeling / Docking / Fragment-based Design / Scaffold Replacement / R-Group Screening / Project Search / Protein-Ligand Interaction Fingerprints
Protein Engineering / Protein Properties / Developability / Hot Spot Analysis / Antibody Modeling / Humanization / Molecular Surfaces
R-Group Profiles and Analysis / MOEsaic / MMP Analysis / Descriptor Calculations / Conformational Searching / Molecular Alignments / Pharmacophore Modeling and Searching / Diversity Analysis
Sequence and structure alignments / Template selection / Building and refining homology models
Protein Alignments and Superposition / Loop and Linker Modeling / Homology Modeling / Protein- Protein Docking / Protein Solubility Analysis / 2D Hot Spot Mapping / PLIF / Biologics QSAR Modeling
MOE Databases / Descriptors / Fingerprints / QSPR Modeling / Pharmacophore Modeling / Template-Forced Docking / Scaffold Replacement / MedChem Transformations
|18:30-20:30||Opening Reception & Poster Session|
|THURSDAY, June 28 - Scientific Presentations||DAY 3|
|18:30||Cocktail and Conference Dinner|
|FRIDAY, June 29 - Scientific Presentations||DAY 4|
|16:45-18:00||Closing Wine & Cheese Reception|
There will be a number of hands-on MOE workshops on various application areas on June 26 and 27.
Workshops will be held at Le Saint-Sulpice Hotel. Course titles are shown above in the Preliminary Agenda.
We are accepting abstracts for posters. If you are interested in presenting a poster during the meeting, please include your poster title and abstract on your
Poster presenters will receive a 25% discount on the early/regular registration. Poster viewing will be scheduled on Wednesday evening (June 27), during the Opening Reception.
Deadline for poster submission is May 11, 2018.
There will be 3 main social functions during the North American UGM & Conference 2018. An opening cocktail with posters on Wednesday evening (June 27), a conference cocktail and dinner on the evening of Thursday (June 28) and a closing reception on Friday afternoon (June 29).
Accommodation and travel arrangements are the responsibility of attendees. If you would like to stay at Le Saint-Sulpice Hotel, please make your hotel reservations directly with the hotel.
In order to get the special group rate of $239.00 CND, plus taxes, per night stay in a deluxe suite, please make sure you make your reservation by
email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (1-866-811-1345) no later than May 25, 2018. When making your reservation,
please mention the name "Chemical Computing Group."
- The rate is per night, per suite, single or double occupancy
- Complimentary high speed internet and Wi-Fi access in all suites and meeting rooms
- No charge for children under 12 years who stay with their parents
- $25.00 per additional person will be added to the account (maximum 4)
Before April 23, 2018, conference fees are $300 USD,
rising to $400 USD after this date.
Registration provides attendees with full access to all workshop sessions,
scientific presentations, meals and social functions. Attendees presenting an accepted poster or oral presentation will receive a 25% discount on early / regular registration.
We look forward to welcoming you to Montreal this coming June!